When it comes to the question of “can you bid on airline tickets?”, the answer is yes. Depending on the travel website you use, bidding on airline tickets can save you a lot of money on flights. It is important to understand the different methods and rules for bidding on airline tickets in order to maximize your savings.
Can You Bid on Airline Tickets?
Bidding on airline tickets is an effective way to save money on flights, but it is important to understand the process and rules for bidding. For example, Priceline only allows you to bid for the same flight with the same airport information once every 24 hours. Here are the different ways you can bid on airline tickets:
- Airline Website: At some point in advance of your flight—usually around 72 hours before takeoff—you can visit the airline website to place a bid.
- Email: You may receive an email offering you the chance to bid on an upgrade.
- Airline Website: You can check the airline’s website to see if your booking is eligible for a bid.
- SkyAuction.com: If you are looking for a flight that gives you the best value, check out SkyAuction.com. This travel auction site allows you to bid on international and domestic flights.
- Air Ticket Arena App: The new Air Ticket Arena app allows you to bid on available last-minute seats—within two weeks of departure—and a participating airline.
Keep in mind that bids are accepted per person and per flight segment, not on a total itinerary, so you will have to bid on each individual flight separately if you are traveling with multiple people.
If you are looking for a great travel deal, consider bidding on airline tickets. Bidding on airline tickets can save you a lot of money on flights, but it is important to understand the rules and methods for bidding in order to get the best deal. For more tips on how to find great travel deals, visit Find Traveling Deals.
What is the process of bidding on airline tickets?
Flight attendants and pilots go through a priority-based selection process when choosing their monthly work schedule. The Crew Planning Analysts review the bids and work with the staff to make sure the schedule meets operational requirements, after which the bid is accepted.
What amount should I offer for a flight?
To calculate a bid price for a business class seat, first work out the regular cost of a business class seat. Subtract what you paid for the economy fare, and then aim for a bid price that is around 20-40% of the remaining balance. Increase your bid slightly above the minimum price to try and beat the competition, since most people will choose the minimum.
What is the best place to purchase airline tickets?
The cost of plane tickets can be prohibitive for some, stopping them from realizing their desired vacation or visiting family. Fortunately, Priceline.com provides an option for customers to place a bid on airline tickets through their “name your own price” initiative. In doing this, airlines are able to sell off vacant seats at a lower cost.
Is it possible to contact an airline to discuss pricing?
You can use travel agents who are great at negotiating to get you the best deals. Alternatively, you can try bargaining with the airline directly by calling their toll-free number. Be sure to be patient and polite when speaking to the representative and inquire about the possibility of getting a lower fare.