Are you looking to become an airline ticket booking agent? It can be a lucrative career, and there are certain qualifications and steps you must take in order to become successful. In this article, you will learn the qualifications and requirements you need in order to become an airline ticket booking agent.
How to become an airline ticket booking agent?
The qualifications you need to become an airline ticket agent include a GED certificate or high school diploma. Some employers prefer applicants with a college degree. It is important to decide whether to become an independent travel consultant for a travel agency, franchise owner of an established travel agency or start your own agency. You must be a U.S. citizen living in the U.S. with a current and valid driver’s license or state ID in order to become an agent. You will also need a valid passport.
What are the qualifications to become an airline ticket booking agent?
A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required, with previous experience in a similar role required or preferred. At all times, these agents should be friendly and have excellent customer service skills. Good communication skills, fluency in English and a second language, and computer literacy are essential.
Steps to becoming an airline ticket booking agent
- Get a high school diploma: Typical for any job nowadays, a high school diploma is necessary to get started. This is the bare minimum for becoming an airline ticket booking agent.
- Pass a background check: A background check is sometimes done for airline ticket booking agents. This can include criminal history, credit checks, and past employment.
- Gain experience: Experience in customer service is necessary for this job. You may need to volunteer at a travel agency or work as an intern in order to gain the necessary experience.
- Complete a ticket system and airline reservation training course: You may need to take a course in order to learn the ins and outs of the airline ticket booking process.
- Get a job: Once you have the necessary qualifications and experience, you can start looking for a job as an airline ticket booking agent.
Becoming an airline ticket booking agent can be a rewarding and lucrative career. With the right qualifications and experience, you can be well on your way to success. For more information and tips on finding the best travel deals, visit Find Traveling Deals.
What steps do I need to take to become an airline booking agent?
In order to be considered for a job as an airline ticket agent, you must have either a GED or a high school diploma. Some employers may prefer for you to have a college degree, however a good customer service background and computer competency are often just as important.
What steps do I need to take to become an airline ticket agent in the United States?
To be a ticket agent for an airline, you must have a high school diploma or GED, a valid driver’s license, be 18 years of age or older, possess the ability to lift up to 60 or 70 pounds, and show excellent customer service skills. Additionally, you must be legally allowed to work in the United States.
What percentage of a flight ticket does an agent receive as commission?
The amount of commission that travel agencies receive varies greatly as it is based on a variety of conditions, the most essential one being the private contracts they are affiliated with. As a travel advisor, you can typically expect the following commission range for airline tickets: Domestic: 0-5%, International: 10-22%.
Would working as an airline ticket agent be a satisfying career?
Being an airline ticket agent is an exhilarating and fulfilling profession that offers exceptional advantages. Pay can differ significantly depending on the employer and location, with bigger airlines typically providing the most competitive pay.